Thursday, October 11, 2018

Hog Camp Gap to Cow Camp Gap Shelter – Cole Mountain View – Appalachian Trail Virginia

This was Day 2 of a planned three day hike on the AT South, from The Priest Shelter, where I left off on my southbound trek. On day 2 I hiked from Seeley Woodworth Shelter to The Priest Shelter, and then hiked back to the upper parking of Crabtree Falls on Meadows Lane (4x4 recommended). From there I drove around to Hog Camp Gap on USFS 48 (another 1 lane dirt road but passable with a normal car) and hiked South to Cow Camp Gap Shelter. The views on Cole Mountain are outstanding and can be seen as a quick day hike and are well worth it. The shelter is quite nice and has a good spring. I’ll post Day 1 soon and also do a separate video of the road up to the upper parking of Crabtree Falls. Mileage in and out from Cow Camp Gap Shelter and the water at Hog Camp Gap was 7.7 miles. Total for the trip was 24.3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment